Monday 16 February 2015

The Prayer Project


So I know, you are probably thinking "Micayla you just posted on your blog yesterday." That is a fact yes, but I'm not your average blogger. I don't follow those blog rules, or some once a week guideline because I have to. What I say on this blog comes directly from what is placed on my heart, nothing more and nothing less. So I hope you can appreciate the fact that everything I write here is because I love sharing about what's going on in my life in order to be able to inspire others to follow their dreams, but not only that God's vision for their life. In my previous post I talked a little bit about saying "yes" to God on a daily basis, no matter what He may throw at you. As a follower of Christ it is our duty on a daily basis to take up your cross no matter how heavy it may be and say "yes" to what God has for you that day. This weeks topic of my DTS is "identity in Christ", and I am telling you just from day one that this week is going to be one that pushes me beyond where I feel comfortable. I could easily so no I don't want to do that, or no I feel uncomfortable but I would be cheating myself out of so many amazing things God has for me. Rewind about two days, I was at a church service here in Las Vegas like I have done every other Sunday since I first got here. The topic of the week was prayer and growing up in the church that seems to be a topic that comes up a lot. This time was different though. This time I heard something really fresh and new out of a message I'm sure I have heads dozens of times. What the pastor said wasn't some crazy radical concept that he just came up with. All he said was there is power in consistent prayer to God about those you care about most, and those things that seem to keep you awake at night. I really liked that concept and I knew that God was speaking directly to me through that pastor. I had forgotten to pray. I had forgotten to be consistent to continuously give everything up to God. There is literally immense amounts of power in the fact that I can directly communicate with God on a daily basis, so why don't I? Why don't you? Why wouldn't we give Him everything. He is sovereign. He is good. His hand controls the world. He has a plan. So why wouldn't I give Him everything? From all of this God laid on my heart to make a list of the people I care about most, or ones in which He will specifically lay on my heart (right now I am keeping it at a manageable number of about 8-10) then every day for the rest of my DTS I will pray for these people. So that's what I wanted the blog about, something I will be referring to as "the prayer project". A lot of people may ask "well what is prayer going to do?" All I can say is "what can't prayer do?" God is good, and He loves when we bring out messy lives before Him. He loves when we give Him room to be God. So many people skip over prayer because "God already knows, so why pray?" or "God already knows what will happen so why ask?" God's plan can only happen if you give Him room to be God, and that means yelling for help on a daily basis, saying "God I need you, I long for you." God knows what's going on, He knows what you need, He's just waiting for you to lay it all out before Him and let Him be God. So that's all I have to say, i hope you enjoyed, and I can't wait to post again soon. 

1 comment:

  1. Dude! This is awesome!!! Great reminder for me! Thanks so much for sharing! :) Consistency with prayer is something that I suck at as well. I forget how powerful it is and I take for granted the fact that I can talk to the God who created everything whenever I want!

    Look forward to reading your next post about what God is doing in your life!

    -Bree

    ReplyDelete