Monday 17 March 2014

Just a thought

Ecclesiates 3:11&12 

If it isn't already clear through what I have posted this far on my blog, I am a Chrsitian. I am not ashamed of who I am and what I believe, and I feel as though posting a bible verse as a personal addition would make clear sense as it represents me. So many people I think try to hide what they believe so they can come across as inclusive, but who says you can't do both? A huge misconception of Christianity, and one that may be a reality for many people is that Christians are judgemental hypocrites. Believe it or not it is biblical to love everybody, yes everybody, no matter how their beliefs differ from yours. I'm not here to post about how I believe I as a Christian is better than anybody else, and their belief set, but rather show that I do have a strong world view based around Christianity and that my opinion on others does not change whether they agree or disagree with me. I think a common value for everybody, above all their other rules, beliefs, and guidelines is that love should not stop just because opinions clash. I could write here about how I feel about every single controversial subject, and I could sit here and rant about how I think I'm right, but that would get in the way of being able to show love to others. Love big, and don't allow differences to seperate you from loving others.

No comments:

Post a Comment