Thursday 6 March 2014

Six word memoir #3- Family

(The photo credit is in the bottom right corner but unfortunately it faded out a little bit too much) 

(1) How does the image and the words fit together?
When I look at this picture I think about this moment of togetherness. A few days ago these people with me were strangers. These people came from all parts of Canada and now we are like family. As important as family in terms genes is, I believe that family comes from who you spend time with, and who you grow together with through experience. I think this picture expresses diversity and shows a group of people coming together with a common mindset and working together to become family to me. I guess this photo highlights the togetherness that the word family would expreses, while highlighting the diversity that the "than just blood" part is talking about. 

(3) How did you use punctuation to clarify your message? 
In this particular case I don't believe I chose a period for a specific reason but rather that there was really no need for any other form of punctuation. A common thread throughout all my six word memoirs is simplicity, and being too the point. I think that this is yet another example of that. I would rather have a more simple sentence structure and stay true to my message than be more abstract and stray away from the true meaning of my words. I believe this picture has a lot to analyze in itself and creates no reason for me to add a complex sentence in order to explain the meaning behind it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment