Tuesday 10 June 2014

Song Profile: "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)"


You know how everyone seems to have their go to songs? The song Oceans by Hillsong Untied for sure makes my short list of go to songs. No matter where I am in life this song always seems to resonate with me strongly. I love how the song challenges you but comforts you at the same time. In the second verse one of my favourite lines is "you've never failed and you won't start now." I think that this idea challenges any feelings of doubt you have with God but at the same time is a reminder of His faithfulness. It is blunt, it is straight forward, but it is so true. Moving into the chorus it goes into talking about calling upon God in your times of greatest distress and really makes you think about how that situation relates to you life. Moving into the bridge the entire volume comes down into just the piano which right away causes you to ponder through the lyrics. The bridge of this song is so incredibly challenging, but again so comforting in the same way. "Spirit lead me where my trust is without boarders, let me walk upon the waters, wherever you would call me. Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander, and my faith would be made stronger in the presence of my saviour." The bridge repeats about nine times and builds again into a full instrumental which again is brought down back to the piano into the chorus. This song is so beautiful, and true, and I will always love this song which Hillsong has given us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment