Tuesday 3 June 2014

The Great Unknown


I find that as a young person I spend a lot of time stressing over things that are in my future, or things that haven't even happened yet. This year especially I feel like I'm swarmed by adults pestering me about what I am going to do next year, or what I see for my life ahead. First off I'm only 18 I have just barely got into this life and now I have to make the choice of what I want the rest of it to look like. Sometimes instead of dwelling on what I don't know it's easier to be still and confident in what I do know. I know that I love Jesus, I know that I long to help people, and I know that my future will consist of those two things. I don't know how that will happen, or when it will happen but I know those two things are apart of who I am. This whole pressure of having to decide what I want to do for the rest of my life has really pushed me towards taking a year off and just spending time doing what I love, and being with God. Next year I plan on attending a bible college in Las Vegas with a strong focus on growing closer to God, and learning about the sex trade in Vegas as well as overseas. I will be traveling with this group overseas to work more hands on in terms of this issue, and I couldn't be more excited to do so. No I will not get university credit for it, no I will not be working towards a career, but I will be doing something I love because I want to, and because I can. Let things come as they are, let life happen, and let things out of your control. Some of the best experiences in my life weren't planned, and even if they were half the fun is being spontaneous. Abour a year ago I got a call telling me I won a scholarship to volunteer overseas in the summer, never once did I think that something like that could happen. It's was scary, it's wasn't planned, and it was the greatest unknown I have ever experienced. Do what you love, and stick to what you know. Don't feel pressured to make choices right now, and don't act because you have to, you have your whole life ahead of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment